Monday, April 11, 2011

To Meet French, You Have to Eat French.

Tuesday, I get lunch with my French friend Claire. Tuesday night, I eat with the famille. Wednesday night, I invite my French speaking-buddy Abellia for an American style "breakfast-for-supper" dinner. It feels really weird to write dinner with two N's instead of "diner."

Wish me luck! I'm going all out, because my two freshly arrived Chinese house-mates might be eating with us, too.

Menu:
Pancakes
Grits (hidden under the Yankee pseudonym, "polenta" at the grocery store)
Scrambled eggs
Bacon
Fresh fruit
Real maple syrup (bottle cost 4 euro, I hope everybody is duly appreciative)
Orange juice
Milk

I think I should probably make coffee, but a) I don't drink it, and b) I don't know how to use the machine. Tant pis! I think Abellia is bringing a dessert, which is sweet. I also made chili earlier in the week, and froze a bag for Claire, because she was sweet enough to give me a ride to and from a French college-night worship service at the St. Madeleine. I hope she likes it!

Will update soon. Spring Break in T-minus 5 days.

1 comment:

  1. That menu looks so good! I wish someone would take me to Ihop or make breakfast foods for me right now!

    ReplyDelete