Friday, March 4, 2011

Zachary Arrives

In 19 hours, Zachary Hargrove will be arriving in the Angers-St. Laud train station, and I will be there to pick him up in my Sunday best. I am SO EXCITED. It will be incroyable to see somebody from home, and it will be parfait to see my sweetheart. He's so sweet to spend part of his Spring break on a cross-Atlantic flight followed by a nightmarish voyage through a foreign language train station just to see me.

I have to be careful not to say "I am so excited," "je suis si excitée" to my host family. The correct phrase is je suis enthousiaste. I won't tell you exactly what the first phrase translates as, because this is a family bog, but let's just say that my host family would get the wrong idea about Zack and me. Unfortunately, I have told them in previous weeks that very many things excite me, including: the Mont St. Michel, Normandy Beaches, the Saturday market, finding peanut butter at the grocery store, and January sales. They have been very kind in pretending like I hadn't said anything embarrassing.

I can't wait to show Zack everything I've fallen in love with in France, and I can't wait to see his reaction to things that surprised me, like public urinals and private driving schools, cheap bread and expensive water. Hopefully I can teach him a little French while he's here, and hopefully the weather will be lovely. Wish him luck!

1 comment: