Monday, March 21, 2011

Angers In Bloom


 Angers is absolutely lovely today; blue sky, low wind, warm sunshine. Hooray! To celebrate, I walked through my favorite park and accidentally doubled my grocery budget for the week. Oops. I'll be eating for 2 (or 4) until Monday.



the flowers here are beautiful, and the main streets are lined with blossoming white trees. it's very lovely.

Saturday, I saw this intriguing gentleman sloshing through Angers' big fountain. He was accompanied by about 15 costumed people in black, wearing yellow hearts on their chests and carrying a bullhorn. It was some sort of French coming-of-age Batman-themed ceremony, I think. Now, the tribe has accepted him as a full man, and he can smoke unfiltered Gauloises anywhere he pleases.



This Saturday is the CIDEF excursion to Normandy, my last school sponsored excursion for the semester. I can't wait to go, it should be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

1 comment:

  1. Those flowers are very pretty! Thanks for showing some of the flora in Angers; flowers are blooming abundantly at UNCA, too! That ritual at the fountain sounds odd, but aren't they all? (haha) As for Normandy -- yay, Leah! That'll be another place you can cross off your dream traveling list!

    ReplyDelete