Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A+ Day

At 5:45 am, I was wide-awake, having gone to bed super early in preparation for m 8:00 am class. Even though I woke up prematurely, I felt pretty good, considering I had gone to bed feeling like I was coming down with la grippe.

Today was excellent because a) Gabriella and I found the bibliotheque Anglophone, English library, and b) they had my favorite American authors. My favorite British author, Bill Bryson, was conspicuously absent, perhaps because of his nationalist sympathies. US author #1, Dave Barry, only had 3 books present, but it was enough to make me giddy, and Gabi and I both almost wet ourselves upon finding the 3-shelves Stephen King collection.



I got a sweet Valentine from my family today, featuring Disney Princesses (and saying that I was theirs), and last night I finally ate dinner with my French family, and it was the best food I have had all trip, hands-down. Unfortunately, I didn't know it was going to be a 5 course meal, and I stuffed myself on the first two. Like a true American, I fought through the pain to achieve my goal gourmande. I would tell you about the meal, but you would be sad.


BIG NEWS. Saturday = Mont St. Michel. MONT ST. MICHEL. I am GOING. If I don't cry tears of joy all over my camera, I promise to take lots of pictures for you, faithful friends and family!

2 comments:

  1. ♥ AliceCullenFan ♥February 16, 2011 at 7:38 PM

    wish i could go 2 places lyk italy n france, just not 4 skool! dang u gotta get up early lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG at the book cover, LOL. It's great that you had such a wonderful day! Don't get la grippe before Saturday!

    ReplyDelete