Saturday, January 29, 2011

Des Photos

I wanted to squeeze in lots of photos, so I used a classy Microsoft program to make a collage. If you click upon it, it will open up larger in a new window.


Today I met up with Liana and her new housemate Amy to check out the outdoor market and buy a French cell phone. We also visited the cathedral (I checked it out yesterday, too, for plusiers de photos) and crossed the river, but my favorite part of the day was when we stopped to eat lunch. I still haven't eaten at a French restaurant yet, because food is costly here, even just groceries (1 onion, 1 bell pepper, 3 carrots, and 1 cucumber cost me 5.17 euros, or $7.04.)

We ate at a place called Mc Doner, which sounds like a Chinese version of McDonald's. It was a "kebab" place, but when you order a 5 euro kebab special (1 "kebab," frites, 1 drink, and tea or coffee), they give you something that's much more like a gyro, except it's on thick bread and I'm almost positive it was pork. Still, it was quite delicious, and the chef told us we looked like Russians. He was from Georgia (not as in Atlanta), and was very excited to speak to us. He called us "les filles," and wanted to know about Obama and if we were new in France and told us all about how he came to learn French in Angers.

I think I'll go back, but the whole "no take out box" thing in Europe is a pain in the derrière, because I could barely eat half my sandwich, and it was really, really tasty. I think I would prefer having it again for dinner than waiting until the kitchen is free at 8 to cook. Ton pis!

1 comment: